Who are we?
We are longtime Cowichan Valley residents who have delighted in all that the community has to offer an active family of four. After over 20 years in the retail coffee industry in Vancouver (and countless hours commuting on the ferry), we decided to take a step back and dedicate our full energy to the art of roasting. As much as ever, we are a family-run business. On either side of the counter and at both ends of the shipments, we like that these are neighbourly endeavours.
What are we doing?
Buoyed by both innovative producers tending generations-old farms and processing mills as well as seasoned, meticulous coffee importers crisscrossing the globe, we work to bring you their finest coffees roasted in the style we prefer and hope you will enjoy.
- THE PAPER ROUTE - Delivering freshly roasted beans to your door weekly, bi-weekly or monthly within the Cowichan Valley and servicing wholesale clients of every size.
- GOOD WORKS - Your purchases have an impact. Read about how you are investing in and elevating coffee growing communities.
- FOGLIFTER RECOMMENDS...
- BEAN AROUND THE WORLD - MAIN & 20TH - 2001 - 2017 and coming soon - Vancouver, Canada
- ROYAL COFFEE - Since 1978 - Emeryville, California
- WEST COAST COFFEE TRADERS - Since 1992 - Sunshine Coast, Canada
What's in there?
We roast on Diedrich IR-12 and tinker on a Huky 500T. We grind coffee on Mahlkonig, Baratza, and Porlex grinders, make espresso on a Rocket Mozzafiato and wander between a Moccamaster, a Chemex, an Aeropress, a Hario V60 and a Bialetti Mokapot at home. All served in cheery Acme & Co. mugs, Dudson standbys or keepsakes picked up on our travels.
WHERE WE SHOP:
- EIGHT OUNCE COFFEE - Calgary, AB
- ESPRESSOTEC - Vancouver, BC
- ESPRESSO SUPPLY - Seattle, Washington
- TRANSCEND COFFEE - Edmonton, AB
- GOURMET WAREHOUSE - Vancouver, BC
- RUSSELL FOOD EQUIPMENT - Victoria and Vancouver, BC
- POTS & PARAPHERNALIA - Duncan, BC
Who did that?
Our logo was designed and illustrated by a bastion of creativity and calm, illustrator, letterer and graphic designer, Vancouver-based Ben Didier of Pretty/Ugly Design. Check out his portfolio on Dribble, it's a wonderland of linework, typography and unanticipated wit.